According to a recent study from InsuranceQuotes, 40 percent of Americans don’t have life insurance. Among those who didn’t have insurance, half said they feel like it’s not necessary.1 Even among those who have insurance, many don’t know if they have the correct amount.
Risk management is at the core of any financial plan. There may not be a bigger risk than the early death of a parent, loved one or financial provider. If you have young children or you support loved ones, your death could cause serious financial challenges for those who are most important to you. Life insurance helps you minimize that risk.
Do you take a comprehensive approach to planning your finances? If the answer is no, you’re not alone. According to a study from the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, only 19 percent of Americans could be classified as “comprehensive planners.” The remaining 81 percent either plan only for specific financial goals or don’t do any planning at all.1
A comprehensive financial plan is one that addresses your entire financial picture. It may include everything from retirement planning to investment management to risk management and much more. A comprehensive plan is often helpful because it can show you how financial decisions in one area of your life can impact goals in other areas of your financial life.
For example, you may have a plan for retirement. But do you know how your efforts to save for retirement impact other goals, such as saving for your child’s education or paying down high-interest debt? A comprehensive plan shows you the interaction between these goals so you can make more informed decisions.